Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old and have documentation to verify age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to furnish your own transportation to and from the job site. There may be times when you are required to move from one job site to another during the work day.
- Must have a high school diploma (certified transcripts required) or certificate showing satisfactory scores on the General Education Development Test (G.E.D.).
- Applicants will be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others. It shall be mandatory on the part of each apprentice to present a doctor's certificate as evidence of physical fitness sufficient to perform the work of the trade. Must be able to lift heavy material and equipment. Agility and a good sense of balance are required. Must be prepared to work at extreme heights.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English in order to comprehend instruction in training classes and to ensure personal and coworker safety on the job.
- Must be drug free. A drug test will be given prior to acceptance and all apprentices are subject to random drug testing throughout the program.
- Must be able to prove eligibility to work in accordance with applicable citizenship and immigration laws.
- Must pass Aptitude test with a 70% or higher to get an interview
Iron Workers Local 393 will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. Iron Workers Local 393 will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.